Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Just checking in. . .

It's been a little while since my last post, so I thought I might jot a few things down. As far as what Cooper is up too, that would be Wii, specifically Mario Kart. I always said I would not let him play video games all of the time, and I never imagined him playing at 3 years old (thanks John), but that is becoming more and more the reality. I try to only let him play for 30-40 minutes 2-3 times a day, but that is more than I would like. He, however, would play it all day if I would let him. It's scary, because I know it's only going to get worse. We are going to have to lay down some strict rules in the near future. I have to admit, it is alot of fun. I'm an adult, and I really enjoy the Mario Kart game, so I am sure it is tons of fun for him.

He is also getting along better with Lena lately. I think the worst has passed (knock on wood) and even though his jealousy is still very obvious, he does "play" and interact with her more and seems more and more to have a genuine love for her. His behavior, in general, is a little better, I believe. I know that a few months ago, I felt at my wits end, and I am not feeling that way right now, so I definitely think it's better.

Speaking of Lena, she is into everything. Although, she is not fond of the Wii, as she knows that it takes away her attention and play with her brother. Today, she reinterated that sentiment by throwing one of the Wii remotes in the toilet:) She is talking more and more, but she is much more a mover than a talker at this point. Her new words are her own name. When you call her name, usually telling her no or stop, she will often repeat it back to you. She also says "thank you" while she puts back the things that she scatters about, because she is used to me thanking her for her help. In the last few days she has started trying to carry Cooper's stools around in order to try and climb onto things, and she has the knots on her head to prove it! Today, she carried a small chair from Cooper's room to the dining room, and placed it next to a chair in the dining room, and was using it to try and climb onto the chair so that she could get to the rocks that Cooper was playing with on the dining room table. Yes, she has taken toddler to a whole new level for me. Cooper did not learn how to use a stool until John showed him at 2 or 2 and 1/2. I also remember that Cooper was more likely to stay in the area where I was, where Lena LOVES to go about the whole house pillaging her loot. I am trying to get used to keeping the doors in the back of the house closed.

I think that's about it for now - times are good.

No comments: